Monday, June 11, 2018

Week Forty Six


The second trio.



So this past Thursday was the last day of our double area covering trio. I'll miss the days of this second trio.  I won't miss driving 300 plus miles in a month though. Regardless, its made for a real fun 3 weeks. It's definitely been one of the more busy times on my mission too. It took a little bit of a toll on both of our areas though, so we have spent the past few days fixing it up. We set up a lot of appointments for the coming week, and we are going to try and find more people to teach in our downtime.
 
This past week we were able to go to transfer Meeting on Thursday! It was really great to see alot of the homies I've made on the mission so far. I got to take a picture with Elder Wendel and Harper. So we reunited my first trio, and talked for a little while about life. It's crazy to see how much I've changed since I was first in that trio. The whole downeast district was there too, except for my old comp Elder Petersen (who I also got to see at a service project on Saturday). Our district leader at that time Elder Christmas was there! He was all packed up and ready to ship out on Friday! Time goes by too fast. We picked up the new Elders and brought them back to their new area of Randolph.
 
I think one of the most important lessons I've learned over the past transfer is to strive to be as obedient as you can be. Throughout my mission I'd say I've been on the more obedient side,but there are a lot of small rules that are easy to look over. I've found over this past transfer that obeying even the smallest rules is worth it. It was a little annoying at first trying to obey the small ones, but I see it as an act of faith, and I know the Lord will bless us for our efforts. After seeing an Elder get sent home in our district, we got to see first hand all of the problems you can cause by being disobedient. It was like a domino effect. Anyways it was a learning experience for all involved! 

The animals weren't as crazy this week either. This drunk man walked up to us and gave us a tour of Colebrook Saturday night. He told us he would show us stuff that we'd never seen. So we just walked around and he was pointing at buildings and saying what they were. Then out of nowhere he pointed at the road and told us he died there. Then he went on a tangent about how we got to get under the plow and work to understand people. Anyways have a great week and learn something new. I'll leave you the words of our drunk friend. Y'all need to just get under the plow and work! 



The District





No comments:

Post a Comment