Monday, June 18, 2018

Week Forty Seven




This week was A1 steak sauce. It took a lot of work, but we were actually able to make Colebrook a busy place! I guess that's what happens you get under the plow. I remember when I first got to this area in the dead of the winter. The morning before coming I looked at the area book (area planner) and remember seeing that there was literally nothing planned, and there hadn't been anything planned in over 2 months. Then when I actually got to the area it turns out that they literally didn't plan. So it low key felt like I was opening up a new area. So one of the first things Elder Steggy and I did was start planning. We planned to hit the streets and talked to everyone. I think I can confidently say that I have personally invited at last 3/4 of the town of Colebrook to learn about the gospel. Anyways we got a decent teaching pool now. We are actually teaching our neighbor too. He's lived by the Elders for 4 years and he somehow he had never been invited to learn. He's got some awesome puppies. He also mentioned that he wanted to have a pool party at the rec center so we set another date for a pool party.👌 (Momma C's edit:  That is Elder Clifford speak for he is getting baptized!)

A few of the lessons I've been able to learn from Colebrook is the importance of detailed planning. If you always have something to do, it's hard to waste time. I've learned how to find people really good too. In Colebrook people are scarce, so you need to make the most of every opportunity. That also means you have to take every opportunity. Before my mission I never thought I would be knocking on someone's car window to tell them about Jesus, or talking to someone three stories up. Let's just say it only took one shot to throw the Book of Mormon up. It's exhilarating though.
Anyways on Thursday we had Elder Stanfield of the Seventy come! He's a real funny laid back guy. He taught us a lot about personal revelation and how to recognize when you've received it. On Sunday the Concord Stake Presidency was reorganized. He spoke briefly, and it was mostly on the Savior. It reminded me of the Primary song "If the Savior stood beside me", and I like to think about it in literal terms. How many of the decisions I make on a daily basis would be different if the Savior was just walking around with me.

It was definitely a week full of fun, learning, and hard work. I also heard another awesome quote this week at the mission tour. This follows the theme of Obedience I've talked about in the last few letters.

"Obedience brings blessings, but perfect obedience brings miracles."

I think I'm done talking about obedience now though. I'll talk a little about bike week though. There are a tooooon of people riding motorcycles. The roads out here are perfect for them so I can see why people come here for it. I've seen a lot of interesting things from it as well.

Anyways, have a good week people.


No comments:

Post a Comment