Monday, May 21, 2018

Week Forty Three




Hello everybody! I don't have too much time to write this today, so I'll try and fill you in as quick as possible. 

Ok. So this week started off with zone conference at the Joseph Smith Memorial. It was really good. The focus of the meeting was about the Book of Mormon! We did a lot of different things. One of the things I was actually good at was a street contact approach. You walk up and ask them to ask a deep question or question of the soul, and that we could answer it with the Book of Mormon. Before my mission if I had to do that I probably would have curled up in a ball and gave up before it started. We played a game with it, and my Book of Mormon studying payed off.


Big news! On Saturday night we were both sleeping when we got a phone call. Elder Butikofer answered, and the first words I heard in my dazed panic were. " Did President or the assistants call you?" and now my panic turned to fear. Over the next 30 seconds they told us that the district was being broken apart and an emergency transfer was happening. Then they hung up leaving us more confused. Unfortunately we lost Elder Griffin. Here's the crazy part though. We are now in a trio with Elder McCormick, and we cover Colebrook, AND Randolph! We cover almost half of New Hampshire! So now I can say I got a new companion, and have a new area to serve in. Because of this change President has given us unlimited miles on the car, and we are gonna be busy literally 24/7 until transfers in 3 weeks. We also are a 1 companionship district. So we are isolated. Send some extra prayers our way😂😂

Anyways this week was good. We had a great lesson with this amazing man named Robert. During the lesson he just stopped us in the middle of talking. He looked down in the Book of Mormon and in the most serious voice he said. "I'm severely troubled.... I am troubled by how comfortable I am with you." You probably heard the sigh of relief out there in the West. 

Y'all have a good week out there wherever you are, and good luck with whatever you do! 


At Zone Conference





Random pictures from the week.



 




Said goodbye to a new acquaintance.



No comments:

Post a Comment