Monday, May 14, 2018

Week Forty Two




This week has been pretty awesome! One of the highlights of it was definitely getting to talk to my family and two of my best homies Zac and Dono! It's crazy how fast time goes out here, because it felt like I had just talked to my family. I'll probably be saying that the next time round. 

Haha anyways spring is finally here in Colebrook. All the birch trees have their leaves now so it's really light green out here. The weather is perfect out here too. Which means more people outside. We were able to find a record breaking number of people this week in Colebrook, and I guess last week the mission found a record breaking amount of people too. So I'm glad it's going well for everyone!


So earlier this week we were visiting a less active, when out of the corner of my eye I saw two people playing on a basketball court. I hadn't even seen a basketball court since being here in this area, so you already know I forced my comp to run over there and ball up with these people. We got over there and asked if we could play and they were all for it. It was a father and son, and I chose to be on the sons team. Long story short, the son was wearing a Kyrie shirt and I was wearing my air mission max 12s and we destroyed! Like we dominated. Afterwards we shared a little bit of our purpose, and they invited us back to teach the Restoration this week! 

We went on exchanges this week with Randolph and I had a pretty good time there. Things went really well there. On Friday night we forgot to bring supplies out with us finding and we were pretty far from the car. So we went with what we had, and that was a Book of Mormon, Restoration pamphlet, and a Word of Wisdom pamphlet. We gave out the first two really quick and we were left with a Word of Wisdom pamphlet. Well, we turned the corner and saw some man smoking in a wheelchair. So we went up to him and talked to him about life, and how he got into the position he was in. Man, you could have called me Dr. Phil, because I felt like a therapist. A lot of New Englanders will tell you their life story if you're not quick enough with the contact. We gave him the pamphlet and told him about the Word of Wisdom and he told us to come visit him next week after he had read the pamphlet. The rest of the exchanges went well.
 
This week was great though and reminded me of why I love the mission so much. Seeing home made me miss it juuuuust a little, but then I remembered how much fun it is out here. There are so many awesome experiences and people out here. 

I hope y'all have a great week. Byeeeeeeeeeee.


A cool bug.



Fiddleheads.



Elder McCormick pointing at Mt. Washington as we crossed a river.


My comfy bed.



I had some awesome BBQ.



Pictures sent to Momma C. by a branch member.



No comments:

Post a Comment