Tuesday, July 30, 2019

Week One Hundred and Five -The Final Weekly




I honestly thought that missionaries were just being dramatic when they said God makes your last week in the field one of the best, but after this past week I'm a believer! 

We were able to baptize and confirm Jojo this week which was a miracle in itself. She is awesome!  We had our mission leadership conference, and we had a great final exchange with the Farmingdale Elders.

One of my favorite things to do as a missionary was teach the Restoration. The very first point in that lesson is that God is our loving Heavenly Father. As my mission went on my testimony in this principle grew stronger and stronger. Just like my love for the people of New England. Having been able to serve in Maine twice, New Hampshire, Vermont, and the beautiful land of Massachusetts; I've had the privilege to meet a wide variety of people. From lobstermen downeast, to people of the great north woods, down to the melting pot of Boston. Everywhere I've been I have found and taught people that needed to hear that principle. I've felt His love the most as I taught his children. The Book of Mormon is the word of God. It has shown unto me in many different ways the power it holds. 

I've learned for myself that God loves us, and He loves us so much that he sent his son Jesus Christ to show us a perfect example, and to atone for our sins. I've seen the atonement change lives out here. In turn it's changed my life, and how I view it in the grand scheme of things. My mission was hard. It has definitely put a beating on me, but I have grown, and learned so much out here. 2 years 5 days 4 areas and 11 1/2 companions later. 

New England holds a special place in my heart, and I'm glad I was able to serve here. It is going to be very hard to come back home. I feel the same way when I first left on my mission, except I'm leaving family and friends on this side of the country. I've held out on using some new England slang my whole mission, but I'll let it slide here at the end. It's been a wicked good time, and I love Jesus Christ and this gospel that brings us together. 


Brad Brown and his kids, Isaiah is getting baptized soon

Jojo's baptism!









Caught some fish with Chris

Caught 2 with one swing of a net 

 Final district Council 


Booth with the Farmingdale sets

I died in Winthrop!

No comments:

Post a Comment