Monday, February 25, 2019

Week Eighty Three



This week was alright. We started out by exchanging with the Farmingdale Elders. I spent the time in their area. We taught a few lessons, and found some cool Mainers. I was with Elder Jensen and we had a good time together. He's been out a transfer longer than me, and I didn't know him really. We spent the last year and a half in opposite sides of the mission, and I finally landed next to him. It's crazy how many missionaries you will never meet because you always live so far from each other. 

 It's been pretty snowy out here, so it's made for some fun proselyting. Whether we help people shovel, or take their sleds and go bomb some hills with them, it's been fun being around the snow again. This area of Maine feels a lot more like the woods than the Rockland area. It always feels like we're driving to someone's cabin or campsite. We are, but a lot of people actually live in the woods next to the campsites.

But luckily we live between two alright sized cities. This Saturday we had a booth over in Lewiston that did really well, and I was able to find a lot of Africans again. These ones are basically refugees from Somalia, and Congo. It was good to see diversity again. I can't believe I went almost a whole year without seeing anything but white people. Anyways good time. 

We are working more and more in this area to build it back up, and I think the key to this area will be part member family's. So we are going to do a lot of work with them, and try and find lots of children of record. Things are going well out here though! 



 



 


No comments:

Post a Comment