Monday, October 29, 2018

Week Sixty Six



I don't know if I've said this in any of my other weekly emails before, but one of my favorite pastimes in life is asking little kids if they know fortnite dances. Well on Saturday night we were passing a Saturday night mass at this huge church, and there was a heard of little ninos out there running around. So I yelled "Amigitos!" "Do you know any fortnite dances?" and then it got wild. It went from a bunch of 8 year old kids running around to a straight dance party😂

This weekend there was a giant nor'easter that slammed the Boston area, and we got caught walking around like 2 miles from the car in Lynn. It was crazy and the roads were flooded in Lynn, so we were jumping around trying not to get soaked. We made it back, but my shoes are still recovering.

The Red Sox won the World Series last night, but throughout the week everyone's been partying and wearing their Red Sox gear. It's actually helped a lot with our finding.

So this week was the primary program in our ward, and we are teaching an amazing African family with two little girls. We found them when we first got here, and they've been coming to church for around 2-3 months now, so they've been learning the primary songs. This week we went over twice to teach them, and we practiced the primary songs with them. And on Sunday we got to watch them in the primary program. Their mom was sooooo proud of them, she was telling all of her African friends before the program that her daughters were performing in church. They got a couple of speaking parts in it too. So that was the highlight of my week.

Elder Solo and I hit our 15th month mark this week. The time has been flying by out here, especially in Boston. The fast pace lifestyle makes your life go faster. I wish I had some cool spiritual though to share with you, but I don't have any cool insights at the moment. Just keep the commandments and your covenants, be nice, and patient, and God will bless you. Have a good week y'all. 





It was a wet nor'easter.









Took the whole district to Costco because I'm not missing my Costco run.  Then we took them over to East Boston.






No comments:

Post a Comment