Tuesday, September 4, 2018

Week Fifty Eight





This week was a hot one. For some reason, I think there may be an unwritten law of the universe, but I believe that whenever it is very cold, or very hot, people I'm teaching decide to bail on appointments. So of course, because it was mucho hot this week, I had the privilege to walk the streets in the midst of the heat. I'm not complaining though, because I know it's about to get cold real quick. New England is awesome!


Looking back on the week I don't remember too much besides walking and teaching. While we were walking through the fire and brimstone of Lynn, we bumped into one of the most interesting dudes I've ever met. He said everyone called him the godfather. He was sitting in a black corvette, shirt off, smoking a cigar, and he was listening to that Andre guy that sings really good. We struck up a conversation, and we covered a lot of subjects. He's not interested in the gospel but took a Book of Mormon to compare it to the Bible.

We teach a lot of Africans, and last week we got invited to an African barbecue. Needless to say... It was a party. We knew a few of the people that showed up, and by the time we had to leave we had integrated ourselves into the African community. They had a dj, and like 5 grills going all at once. They were partying away listening to some music from the Congo. Shout out to Liberia though, out of all of the food there, the Liberian stuff was the best.

Anyways the work is going amazing out here, and we are looking forward to see what the rest of the month has to offer. We are working hard, and looking for people that are prepared to receive the gospel. In the city, it seems like there are people prepared around every corner. I'm glad I learned how to work hard in Colebrook, because I would hate to see an area with as much potential as this one be wasted. Good week though, and I'm looking forward to the next! 

Byeeee.






 A picture of a moon some random dude we talked to on the beach took a few nights ago.


 The Godfather


 Shout out to Rockland!


We found a Costco in our area, yes!


No comments:

Post a Comment