Monday, July 23, 2018

Week Fifty Two


Boston


This week has been one of the craziest on my mission. I thought that I'd have a hard time transitioning to this new area, but it actually wasn't bad! I was excited to see so many people, and it made me get hard to work. So this area actually is pretty big and covers a lot of ground. I'll name the cities I cover; Revere, Malden, Melrose, Saugus, Everett, Chelsea, Lynn, and East Boston! So it is always very busy here.

So the week before I got here, the Elders received a referral for a 17 year old named Omar, and he wanted to meet with the missionaries. He had been going with his friend for a really long time, and his friend just left for a mission. He decided that he was ready to get baptized, and contacted the missionaries. Well, we were able to teach him and with permission he's going to be getting baptized this Saturday. This and many more miracles have already happened. 

The International Sand Sculpting Festival was this week, and it we did something called The Book of Mormon Experience there! We kinda just dropped a table in a heavily populated area, and got a lot of people to read a page of the Book of Mormon. It was really fun. Omar came, and helped us carry a table like a mile in, and did a bunch of proselyting with us.
 
Leaving Colebrook was kinda sad. I'll miss a lot of people out there. I've already met a lot of awesome people out here though. There are a lot of people from the Dominican Republic and Haiti. Also a lot of Columbians, Brazilians, and all sorts of people of color. It's like a rainbow out here. I definitely love all the diversity out here too. I've already used Spanish in like 10 contacts with people. Then we refer them to the Spanish Elders, which is Elder McCormick. So we are serving by each other again!

Also I'm in another trio, and it's awesome. Elder Petersen leaves in a couple weeks, and then me and Elder Solomon are on our own after that. Everything is going great and I'm having the time of my life out here. ALSO! Driving out here is insane, and really fun.

The church is true wherever you go, and I know that statement is true especially here in Boston. Have a good week everyone! 

Elder Clifford's new area, Revere.


Elder Petersen, Elder Clifford, Elder Solomon and Omar!


The Book of Mormon Experience










International Sand Sculpting Festival


 



 

Elder Clifford's new apartment is in this building.


No comments:

Post a Comment