Monday, September 25, 2017

Week Nine




Hello everyone! This week has been fantastic. This week was REALLY good.

So yes I got to go to Vinalhaven. Yes, I am never going there again. Wow, it was not what I was expecting. It felt like I entered into an anger management class. Good times, but not so good at the same time. lol. I got a shirt though so I don't forget about it.

Transfers are this week and that's exciting. I’m losing Elder Harper and Elder Wendel. I’m leading out Rockland with a new greenie comp. So that will be real interesting. Stressful, but fun.  I’m up for a challenge.  I guess I’ll be doing the first 6 weeks of my twelve weeks now. haha. I skipped them to be on the same level as Elder Harper.

On Monday we went to district meeting, and we said goodbye to each other and got some good pics. So that day was great.

C is progressing really well. We are baptizing him on October 7th. So that is realllllly exciting. My first baptism in the field.  I don't think I’m gonna actually baptize him though. He’s large in stature, like 6 foot 4 375 lbs. So I think we are going to get a man larger to baptize him. Who knows, he might ask me.

We went on exchanges on Thursday, and that was wayyyyy fun. I went with Elder Loffgreen, and learned a little more about his story, and that was great. We also did some great finding at the harbor. That's probably my favorite place in the area. We taught S, and he prayed out loud in front of us asking if he should be baptized or not.  Please pray for him to help him receive that confirmation.

Then on Friday we went to the food pantry, and helped out. They really love us there, and they give us the hooooook ups all the time. This week they gave us like 12 pounds of ground beef, and a rack of ribs. So of course we went and made ribs with the Ellsworth elders. They stayed the night on Friday because we went and exchanged and basically blitzed Rockland on Saturday. That was way cool. While we were out walking in the trailer park we met a woman, and we taught her the entire restoration while she was waiting for her mail. She asked us to come back next week so that will be cool.  I also got this nice guitar from an awesome man named R. He lives with one of our investigators, and we were talking about the church and all of its history. Then we started talking about life. He brought up his guitars. I told him I play the uke, and he told me to grab one of his guitars and to start playing that and we can jam whenever I come over.  I'll be giving back to him when I leave though. Great guy though. I'll get a pic with him whenever I leave Rockland. 

On Sunday we basically went around saying goodbye to everyone with Elder Wendel and Elder Harper. It was weird because I’m staying. I’m just glad that the branch is really cool.

Anyways we went out on the break water today, and I kinda just sat on the rocks and thought about my life. I thought about how I got in the position I’m in. It took me some thinking, but I realized how much I’ve really relied on the Lord and His power.  I actually hate talking to people, but I know that I am able to be on this mission because the Lord will never test you with something you cannot handle. So I know these next few weeks will be rough, but I trust that the Lord will provide a way for me and my companion.


Anyways, have a good rest of the week everyone!!!





































Selfies of the week:




No comments:

Post a Comment