Monday, September 18, 2017

Week Eight




All right, this was quite the week!!!

So… immediately after I finished emailing last week, we went home, packed the car and started heading to Manchester. It's a 3 1/2 hour drive, so you already know I was going to be jamming to some spiritual uplifting music. Lucky for me, I was sifting through my music and found Joseph and the Coat of Many Colors soundtrack. We listened to most of it, and then listened to John Bytheway talks the rest of the night. We slept in Manchester for the night, which was all good. I got to go see the boys (my MTC District) the next morning at the follow up training. It was great connecting with some of the elders I hadn’t seen for so long.

(By the way… don’t be too disappointed in me, because I didn’t take many pictures this week. I forgot my camera in the car, and honestly, during the other days I really didn’t think about it. )

After our training experience, we drove back through Vermont, and into Manchester, New Hampshire. The leaves are starting to change like crazy in Vermont.  Idk what it is with where I am, but the leaves are pretty much still green. I have a feeling that will change within the next week or two though. The drive back from Manchester to Camden was really good. We didn’t stop anywhere and just hit it with a straight shot. We got back at around 10:30pm that night. I fell asleep in like 5 seconds. The next day we did a lot of street contacting. I talked to sooo many people!!! We met some fellow LDS members that were on a cruise. That was really cool. We picked up 2 new investigators that afternoon. We also met a guy that is a Lobsterman (this is the name of a lobster fisherman). That’s some rare stuff, but he was so down to learn some more from us.

Fast forward to Friday and we were driving back down to Manchester for a mission conference. Elder Bednar came to visit the mission. It was the strangest weather I think I have ever seen, that day. Rain mixed in with like 100% humidity. The entire mission prayed for the rain to go away, so we could get a pic outside with Elder Bednar.  Just like that, a sun like no other suns came out and took all the clouds away. But, it was soooooo hot. I was dying as we took pics with Elder Bednar. He had a great discussion with us. A lot of what I took from the discussion was that we need to act on spiritual promptings.

After the conference, we went back to the Topsam apartment to spend the night. We were each given ten dollars to buy some food and go restaurant finding. Well, we decided to go to a food court. So did every other missionary in Maine -  lol. The missionaries were everywhere.

On Sunday, we got to go hear Elder Bednar speak again at our stake conference. C and B attended Stake Conference and that was quite the commitment they kept. It took an hour and a half to get there, and we left at 5:30 in the morning. 
Overall, it was a really fun week! A lot of driving though! Tomorrow I will get to go to Vinalhaven (small island of the coast of Maine) and I’m excited for that. Expect some good pictures this next week. 

-Elder Clifford

BTW…The church flooded this last week, but, it’s fine now. There’s a big bug outside our house too. We named him Larry. (see pictures)







The people that he met that were on a cruise texted Elder Clifford's family a picture!!

The church flooded. 



 Larry






Selfies of the week:




No comments:

Post a Comment