Tuesday, June 18, 2019

Week Ninety Nine



Had a pretty great week! It started out with President and Sister Blairs final zone conference, and because the nature of next transfer, it happened to be my final one as well. It was a pretty amazing experience. My very first zone conference was held in the same chapel in Farmingdale Maine. As I sat there in the pews, I remembered how I felt that first zone conference, and how excited I was for what awaited me on my mission! I had good reason to be excited, because it has been amazing. I've seen so many miracles happen. So many random people becoming family! Anyways fast forward back to zone conference. After learning a bunch of missionary things, and about the new mission president, President Beck, we transitioned to temple talk. So my missions goal was called temple in 10 here in the land of New England. At zone conference everyone was calling it temple in T minus 10. President and Sister Blair taught us the importance of marrying a covenant keeper in the temple and to make it a priority in our lives after! Then we talked about the temple to be built here in New England. He showed us a video of President Nelson announcing the some temples, and he pauses at the last one. He told us to wait for the day when he announces a temple in our mission and he promised us that we would cry😂 We talked a lot about temple dedications and what takes place. We talked about shouting hosanna with white handkerchiefs. The Blairs each got us a white handkerchief that said New Hampshire Manchester Mission on it. Then they told us we would see them at the temple dedication. At the end of the meeting President said his final words to all of us, and had us stand to sing the Spirit of God. At the end we kneeled for a prayer and President Blair said it. All you could hear was a bunch of people sniffling. Amazing people! I learned a lot from them. Catch me here in New England for the Northern New England Temple dedication though! 

On Friday we did a blitz of the Winthrop, and I had Elder Ricks with me. So just like old times we tore up the Throp and saw miracles. The next day I took all the boys to have an exchange Meeting in Sam's Club. Good place. 

Overall things have been going really good here with in the area! We had a meeting with the bishop a few weeks back and we spoke about missionary work here in the ward, and we put some awesome plans into place. Every 5th Sunday there will be a missionary sacrament Meeting where we basically are in charge of it from the music to the speakers. Then on every fast Sunday we are having a missionary fast, where everyone fasts for opportunities to share the gospel! Along with the gospel principles class we have every other week, we have the ward busy. Things are going great with the people we are teaching too! 

Anyways I'm staying in the Throp for the last 6 weeks. Hope everyone has a good week. 


 We conquered the rock!










No comments:

Post a Comment