Monday, January 28, 2019

Week Seventy Nine



This week was the most soaked I've ever got on my mission. This past Thursday we had exchanges with the Revere 4 Elders, and they crashed their car on Christmas, so they've been on foot/bus ever since. This past Thursday it was also a torrential downpour with like 50 mph wind gusts. So one of us had the car, and the other set didn't. I'm a good person so I let Elder Nielsen take the car since he's new to the area, and I know all the shortcuts around town.  So Thursday Elder Ramirez and I hit the streets of Lynn! Lynn has like no drainage systems so all the streets were borderline flooding from the melted snow, and rain. So we were trying our hardest to keep our shoes relatively dry. We had some appointments set, and the reaction our investigators had was so funny when we would show up to the appointment. At one point in the day, we had to take refuge in a Taco Bell. It was a wild day. We also rode the bus home, which was a first for me. The bus drivers are CRAZY! Let's just say Boston roads and buses do not mix. I can barely fit the Corolla down some roads.

We had zone conference this week too. It was all fun and games till I was just chilling and we got a phone call. So I stepped out to answer the phone, and low and behold it was Indian Bob. Our man Indian Bob was so interested in the Book of Mormon he reached out to us like a month later! So that was funny. I had to go grab Elder Solo and tell him that he called😂 It was good to see the boi since he's been gone!

This week has definitely been one that I'll remember for a while though. I hit my 18 month mark and now I'm just slowly running out of time. The mission has been such a blessing to my life, and I am so happy that I know I have found some of the people I was meant to come out here for. The Lord works in his own time, and sometimes he likes for us to learn how to be patient. I'll always appreciate the laid back lifestyle of New Englanders, and I'm looking forward to the next 6 months of this adventure!



 Father Westwood







No comments:

Post a Comment