Monday, December 3, 2018

Week Seventy One



This week was a busy one!

We had our district meeting on a Wednesday this week. And our MLC on Friday! Elder Haney of the Seventy came to that meeting. I'm not sure why, but I guess he felt the need to come. Anyways we had some fun activities in the district this week too. We went Christmas Caroling on Saturday in Salem! They have a big weekend there called Christmas in Salem! We didn't sound too good, but it was fun!

Saturday was pretty crazy! It was the worldwide day of service, so we started it out with an activity with our ward, and then after that we had interviews with our Mission President! Our Mission President tries to interview us once a transfer! So he's always running around area to area doing interviews! Straight from interviews we drove all the way to Salem for the caroling! After caroling for like 2 hours we took the district leaders and sister training leaders, and had a meeting with them to create some goals for the zone, and their districts. From that meeting we began an exchange with the Methuen Elders, and since they crashed their car a few weeks back we only had one car. So Elder Burger and I got dropped off in Lynn, and hit the streets. We had an awesome miracle lesson. We passed the house of a former. All the lights were off, and I told Elder Burger "something awesome is about to happen". Elder Burger had no idea that I knew the people who lived in this house. These people lived on the 3rd floor, around the back. So I told the Elder to follow me, and to be quiet. So we walked around the back of the house and I slowly opened the door, and the stairwell was pitch black. As I quietly walked up the stairs, I turned around to see a terrified Elder Burger. I felt bad so I broke the news to him that I knew this house, and the people in it. Buuuuut when we knocked on the door, a lady named Cindy answered. She had wanted to listen to our lessons before, but was busy with her newborn baby. She invited us in, and we taught a 👌👌 restoration.

Besides that we had Stake Conference on Saturday, and we had Abela and her fam sit by us.
Good week. The mission is still a good time, and I'm glad to be out here. Y'all have a good week!



Christmas Caroling for Salem Days of Christmas





Malden tree lighting 



Abela fed me this fish head 


A turkey we saw on Thanksgiving


Me and my African girls 


The t underground 


Sister Foot's mom makes stickers. So I drew up a rough draft of this design, and she touched it up, and literally made some stickers for us.


Some of my MO Bettahs!
(for his birthday he was send a jar of teriyaki sauce from his favorite restaurant, Mo Bettah's, a rice cooker and some calrose rice to make sticky rice and some money to buy steak so he could recreate his favorite meal!!)


No comments:

Post a Comment