Saturday, November 24, 2018

Random Text Received by Momma C. Tonight


Today is Elder Clifford's birthday and I received this text tonight just as we were singing Happy Birthday to him and blowing out the candles on his birthday brownies, a family tradition that we still do when our missionaries are many many miles away from us. The timing is such a tender mercy to me, because obviously we were thinking about him all day but especially right then as we were singing happy birthday.  I was trying not to get emotional as we sang but I couldn't help but hope he was having a great birthday and wonder how his day had been.  Then, right then, my phone buzzed.


"Elder Clifford had a a great birthday!  We just love yah son, he spent the day 'lighting the world' in a city Christmas parade and tree lighting ceremony!  Be proud mom, he's a wonderful missionary!  Be sure mom, we'll take good care of him, of them all!!  Happy birthday to him, I told him I wanted to text you, because I was so proud of them all.  He said it would be the best birthday gift for you!!!"

I replied:

"Oh my GOSH!  I'm crying!!!  THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!  The exact second your text came through we were singing happy birthday to him!!!"


She replied:

"Ok, now I'm crying too.  He's a lucky young man, so loved.  Rest assured, we are enjoying yah son.  We love him too!!  His testimony lights our hearts!  You have done the best job ever teaching him to love our Lord."

I replied:

"It is so funny you are describing him that way because when I talk about him I always say he is a light in our family.  He just shines.  Thank you so much for being there on his birthday and helping to make it a special day."

She replied:

"I didn't make it special, HE made it special.  Watching them in action today, really lit MY heart.  HE is the gift!  Rest assured, I saw a whole day of smiles on his face.  Great young man!  He has that smile to light up anyones heart.  They're all very special!!  Their efforts far surpass any I've seen.  Your son is perfect at touching the hearts of others!  As long as he is out here, we'll be watching over him."





No comments:

Post a Comment