Monday, May 7, 2018

Week Forty One




Man this was an awesome week. Before I do anything though I have to give a shout out to my mom because its her birthday. I'm pretty sure she's the best mom out there, if any of y'all wanna argue it, you know where I'm at. Come and get me. 

This week was full of excitement. It started out with a bit of a scare though. On Tuesday I was just flipping through the baptismal record, and realized our zone leader didn't sign his name! Long story short and by the grace of God, we got it signed. The Randolph Elders just happened to be going on exchanges that night with them! So we were able to race up there and get it to them. We delivered it right into the loving arms of Elder Griffin. Who by the way, went to my high school. We were talking one day, and then we started to recognize people we were referencing, and locations, and then we figured it out. His name is Trevor Griffin if you know him. He graduated a year before me. He's awesome!

This Wednesday I got to feel my warmest day in New England so far. It got all the way to 85 degrees! It was great! It was amazing to see how many different people came outside that we hadn't seen before. I think the people that went to Florida for the winter are coming back! So that helps us find more people. We go out teaching with our branch president each Wednesday, and it's great. The branch is really small, but they are definitely doing there best to make it grow.
I got to clean a goat barn this week. It was actually the barn my kids live in, so it was really a service back to them. All you dads out there, you gotta be involved in your kids life. They're only kids once. Anyways they're like parkour masters right now jumping on everything. The hay hadn't been cleaned all winter, so there was like a foot of dense hay we had to get out. A lot of stabbing, and a few blisters later we were able to finish the barn. We were teaching some older guy the Plan of Salvation while we were doing it. Man old farmer dudes can talk. Keeping them on topic is the hardest part of teaching. I mean, I like to talk about tractors and what type of pitch fork works the best as much as the next guy, buuuut the gospel is more important.

The most exciting news is probably that Nicki got baptized! When I met her she had been meeting on and off with the missionaries for around 5 years. Well one day we had a district meeting and we talked about our purpose and making it known to the people we teach. So we told her our purpose and asked if she would get baptized on May 5th if she found out what we were teaching was true. Well she found out it was true and this past Saturday we rented out the pool, and had a baptism. Our branch meets in a Methodist churchhouse so we have to have our baptisms in the public pool. It was awesome!

It was a tiring week, but the weeks I'm the most tired are usually the best. I know that this gospel is true, and I'm glad that I have this opportunity to share it. I hope y'all have a good week, and don't forget to have some fun. 


Hike we went on.









My kid's barn.






Nicki's baptism.







Random pictures.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment