Monday, December 18, 2017

Week Twenty One




Another transfer down. I'm really grateful for the time I have served in Rockland, and I believe President Blair is a very inspired man. So I was more than thrilled when I was told I get to serve in Rockland for another 6 weeks! Elder Petersen is still my companion so this makes transfer 3 with him. Now I'm finally considered a regular missionary! It only took like 20 weeks😂 

Anyways this was another weird week. I started the week off in Bangor with zone p day! So it was nice seeing some other missionaries besides my district. From there I exchanged with Ellsworth, and was up there until Wednesday.

I had a pretty cool experience, and I learned some patience while I was there. We were knocking on some potentials doors, and it was cold outside. We got to one that they had met just a little while back. So we knocked his door, and no one answered. Then we knocked again, and waited. Then Elder Swainston the Elder I was with decided to go three times. At this point I had the "are you for real man" look on my face, because I was ready to start moving again. Still no one answered. Then Elder Swainston pulled out a pen and paper and started writing a note. So we spent a total of like 5 minutes at the door. While we were walking away a car pulled up into the driveway. The potential got out with his kids and he was pretty happy to see us. He invited us in, and we taught the entire restoration to his family. Now they are all investigating the church. So I learned to slow down a little, and not rush around everywhere. Because miracles like that are around every corner.

We went to the hospital again this week. C is in rough shape. He's asked for some prayers to be sent his way. The amount of love the branch has shown him is incredible. I'm glad we were able to find and teach C when we did, because he has such a big support group now. It's not fun seeing C in the shape he's in, but I know that with the support of the branch he's going to be able to do great things.

I hope everyone enjoys the rest of this Christmas season, and all it has to offer. Take advantage of #lighttheworld and do something kind for someone. Remember even a simple smile can brightens someone's day. If that's all it takes, you might as well make someones day. Don't forget what Christmas is all about, and remember to take sometime to think about our Savior Jesus Christ. 

I hope you all have a Merry Christmas! 







It's hard to see but Santa is driving this car.





Selfie of the week:


No comments:

Post a Comment