Monday, November 13, 2017

Week Sixteen




So here I am just chilling sleeping on a Friday morning when out of nowhere I wake up and find myself looking out the window to see a bunch of snow coming down.  It wasn’t sticking or anything but I had been wearing short sleeves the day before just like normal. I don't know how it got so cold so fast but it did. It didn't go over 30 degrees that day. It also was like constant 30 mph wind. So later that night we were walking around dying in the cold and knocking on doors. That's when one of our investigators George was concerned for us. He was asking us why we were even outside. He was like its cold cold. Even for a Mainer. It was honestly probably like 0 degrees out there with the wind chill. It definitely makes me nervous for the upcoming season. It probably won't be as windy but it will get that cold without the wind soon enough. Luckily I went to a member’s house and had her teach me how to tie a scarf. Scarfs are pretty cool when you tie them around your face. You feel like a snow cowboy.

Good news. I finally got to drive this week. It was for a long time too. Funny circumstances - as missionaries you go on something called exchanges. You exchange your companion with someone new and you learn how other missionaries teach and stuff. Well usually they last for a day and then you switch back. Well this week we exchanged with Ellsworth and it turned into a week long exchange.  I was here in Rockland for all of it, and because I'm out of 12 week I got to drive. It was fantastic. Elder Petersen has almost killed us like 10 times and it felt good I had my life in my hands for a change😂😂  Anyways the exchange turned into a 5 day long exchange. Ellsworth Elders got an email saying they had to drive up to Bangor and down to Manchester out of nowhere on Wednesday morning. It was quite the surprise. Elder Swainston and I had just finished weekly planning and he decided to check his emails. It's a good thing he did because we called Ellsworth and they didn't even know they had received the email. So that switched things up and we ended up exchanging back after district meeting on Friday.   According to Elder Branch if you are with a missionary for more than 4 days you are considered companions. So now I have a new companion to put on my list. So that's pretty cool.

As a mission we are memorizing The Living Christ. Yes you read that correctly. I know the document is indeed large in stature, but President Blair promised some pretty powerful blessings if we did it. So I'm trying pretty hard. I've got the first 2 paragraphs down. I've still got a long way to go, but it will be worth it in the end.
Other than all of that stuff not too much happened. We taught a good amount of lessons this week. Kinda the normal amount though. We are working at getting more members present at lessons, and it's been a little tough. Not getting them there though. Because we are such a small branch we have to invite the same people a lot to come teach with us. A lot of our investigators don't drive either so they need rides a lot too. Luckily though the members are being blessed in many ways for helping us missionaries out. This branch has been very good to me and I definitely am glad this is my first area. It'll be interesting to see what the rest of my mission has in store for me member wise.


Anyways have a good week everyone and I hope life treats you well. 




 

Rockland

Snowing


Selfies of the week:



with Elder Swainston

No comments:

Post a Comment