Monday, October 23, 2017

Week Thirteen



So this week kinda flew by. I was just thinking about how much faster the weeks go by when you're on a mission. Like it will be p day and it will about to end and you'll be thinking to yourself "what in tarnation!" then the week just starts and flies by. I guess I've learned a few things about making your days better on a mission.

1. Really random but honestly helps a lot……
Drink a lot of water. I find when I haven't drank water for a while I'm tired grumpy and don’t want to talk. I've even found when I haven't drank any water that my mind tells me to not drink water. Like it wants to stay in the lethargic state. So make sure you drink water, even if you're forcing it.


2. If you plan very heavily it can be fun. (try and make sense of that phrase
😂)
This past week we had appointment after appointment and we were running to get to them. It was insane. Like we are trying to schedule as best as we can but there just aren't enough hours in the day. You're probably wondering when we get finding in. Well if one of the appointments bail that is your golden opportunity to find someone looking for Jesus. So if you can plan a ton of stuff and pray that you don't get too overwhelmed, because honestly the Lord will provide a way especially if you're teaching His children.


3. Make sure you have something you're excited for every day, and even something at the end of every week. I usually write something down on my calendar and I look forward to it every week. This week it's the branch Halloween party on Saturday. I know it's lame right! But hey when you're looking forward to it, it's going to be a fun time.


4. Study the Book of Mormon everyday
It’s something I've done for a while now. I get into the Book of Mormon and I just begin to go off finding things I've never seen before. I mean I have only read it like 3 times but still. I'm in Mosiah right now and I think it's fun that I can actually understand what I'm reading. Usually I feel like there’s too much going on for me to handle, but now that I've slowed down and I pay attention to each verse I can make sense of it. 

Those are my tips for you missionaries out there. Even you preparing to leave could probably learn something from this. It's fun stuff. Don't give up even when you're getting constantly rejected.

That leads me to something that happened this week. It was Friday night and we were walking to one of our appointments like 2 miles away. So not too far, but there's something that we do on this mission that I’m not sure all the other ones do. We literally talk to everyone. So 2 miles can take us up to an hour to walk sometimes. As we talked to everyone we didn't get one person who wanted to listen to our message. It was mostly tourist or leaf peepers who didn't want to worry about religion on vacation. Like literally everyone denied us. Well we got to our appointment on the harbor and the guy we were supposed to meet wasn't there. So that was rough. Well we made the trek back to our car and began talking to people again. We kept getting denied, and finally I said forget this, I need to go pee lets speed walk to our car. Well we did so and as we were we saw a dude with a motorcycle just chilling on the sidewalk. The car was across the street and I was like we have to talk to him. We ran over and started a quick conversation. We talked for motorcycles for about twenty minutes. I thought I was going to pee my pants on the side of the road at 8:30 at night. Well we finished talking and we told him who we were and what we were about and he said he was so down to start meeting with us. So we walked away that night with a new investigator and a new friend.

BTW that's another thing that is funny about my mission. You foreign missionaries might laugh at this, but we got the highest amount of new investigators this week. It was 5! Haha yeah it’s not a crazy amount but it’s a ton for me. We also found that guy that didn't meet us at our appointment while we were walking to a random house. He and his wife passed us on his bike and he about fell off doing a 180. He was asking us why we weren't at the appointment the day before. We were both confused and it turned out he got there a half an hour after us. But luckily we were able to find him and his wife biking, and now we are teaching both of them tonight at their house now instead.

So that was a cool miracle. Anyways not too crazy of a week, but this upcoming week is going to be insane so that will be fun. I forgot to take pictures this week so enjoy the few I do have.

Have a great week friends and fam. 




 Chipmunk trap


Tag picture of the week:



Selfie of the week:


No comments:

Post a Comment